Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Continuing with Hicks

Although I began reading Goldsmith's Our Spiritual Resources, I seem to have been so gripped by Hicks'-fever that I find I have little to say about yesterday's reading, and a lot to say about Hicks. This morning, I didn't even try to read Goldsmith, but tuned in the iPod to the Washington DC seminar which I had been listening to last night. I have become fascinated by Abraham's explanation of alignment. This is my interpretation: that whenever one has some negative emotional stuff going on, one is out of alignment. I also take this to mean that one is living from a dualistic perspective and is for the duration of the presence of the negative emotion, separated from Source. Once one realizes that this is happening, it is one's responsibility to return to Source -- Source is Abraham's term for God/Mystery -- using steps or increments of thought that take one into joyful emotions.

Due to high winds, gusts really, in the Pacific Northwest, the power failed abruptly, shortly after I began typing this blog. Just now, I was preparing to save it to a Word Document when the power came back on, so I am going to post it almost immediately. I think I have said what I wanted to say on this subject of alignment, for now, and until I have explored it further. One footnote, though: when the power failed I remained calm, did not become frustrated, and a solution presented itself that would prevent me from losing this post. I wonder if this calm unflappable reaction is because I am more in my vortex than usual?

Also, I think I am doing a better job of "getting" the Abraham message because I have recently been studying teachings of Adyashanti, Joel Goldsmith, Neale Donald Walsch, and Jed McKenna, so I am now able to hear what Abraham is really saying. In other words, the teachings of these other people have given me a good foundation to understand what Abraham is saying, and maybe they have contributed to my understanding of each other. I also want to note that Abraham makes reference to the makeup of the soul and what he claims is reminiscent of what Michael Newton wrote about in Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment