Wednesday, March 09, 2011

POWER: WHO HAS IT

Frequently of late, I have caught myself realizing that I don't have the power to fix whatever it is that needs fixing which, over the last few weeks, has been much of the outward appearance of my existence. For example, I cannot make anybody want to employ me; I cannot wave a wand and have Sadie's yeast infection clear up; I cannot force more money to flow into my bank account. As Joel Goldsmith indicates in many of his writings, I cannot make the plum tree produce plums or the sun shine or the rain fall. And according to Goldsmith, I cannot even pray for these things as prayer cannot be received by God. I think that human prayer is considered to be part of a realm of energy where God isn't which doesn't make sense to me as I thought that God is an energy system. I suppose that this has something to do with vibration and that God vibrates at one speed and prayer vibrates at another. Maybe it's a little like a tuning fork: unless the vibration is of the same dB as God's vibration, they cannot vibrate together. Or like singers that, when they hit the right musical note, can shatter crystal.

I wonder if thermodynamics comes into this too: you know, heat cannot of itself pass from one body to a hotter body. I guess that God's energy is hotter than prayer; therefore, the sentiments of prayer are vibrating slower than God and won't merge with God's vibration.

Anyway, I seem to be reminding myself over and over by the phrase I keep using, "I don't have the power to fix this," of another aspect of God. Many spiritual teachers talk about God being the only true power in the universe, and I suppose that I am subconsciously -- for I am not actively trying to figure this out but these days I am being reminded of it several times a day -- being taught this lesson. Yes, I am beginning to understand just how little power I really have. And I am uncertain if there are tools that can help me change this situation.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment