Saturday, March 12, 2011

Source and Power

I am enjoying an evening diversion and am reading a few paragraphs of Seth Speaks while I wait for my beautiful P.E.I russet potato to finish baking. Yum! With Waldorf salad. I can hardly wait. Anyway, I find I need to read Seth slowly as he can become quite technical and it sometimes takes me a while to figure out what he is describing. I think when I initially read this book approximately thirty years ago, I probably skipped the difficult bits. This time around, I am making an effort to understand the information and this is being helped by all the other studying I have done which has given me a better foundation than I had during the first reading. Seth is discussing the nature of soul and is giving exercises and clues to help one discern one's own piece of soul. Here is a quote from page 87 of the Bantam pocket edition:
     "For now, here is one quite effective but simple exercise. Close your eyes after having read this chapter to this point, and try to sense within yourself the source of power from which your own breathing and life forces come. Some of you will do this successfuly at your first try. Others may take longer. When you feel within yourself this source, then try to sense this power flow outward through your entire physical being, through the fingertips and toes, through the pores of your body, all directions with yourself as centre."

I wonder if Seth is referring to that tingly buzzy sensation I feel when I am holding my body still and trying to experience it?

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment