Saturday, March 05, 2011

The Inconsistency of Living

I have no idea what I did, thought, or changed. Well, I did one thing. On Thursday, I did my income tax return and yesterday and because I didn't pay an accountant to do my taxes for me, after weighing, stamping, and mailing the filled out forms, I took myself out for lunch at The Whitespot. I planned this well and took along Seth Speaks to read while I waited for service. Also, because I have become very "cheap" with myself and only buy basics so that I can come somewhat close to my budget of $500 per month which has to take care of utilities and the feeding of three adults, one small dog, and three cats, I had to control thoughts of overindulgence and "I can't afford to do this" -- I would have had to pay an accountant approximately $130 Canadian to do my taxes and lunch cost me less than $25 -- and make my Self relax into the event, treating it as an occasion. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I don't know why, but my server was particularly kind, attentive, and supportive despite being busy with many clients. I tipped her handsomely.

Over the years and in times when I could afford to take myself out for the occasional meal or coffee, I learned that I much prefer to do these things alone and without company, except for a good book. I don't have to make conversation with my dining companion(s) or worry that my silence might be construed as rude or be considerate or worry that I should pay the tab which I rarely can afford to do.

Also, I didn't meditate yesterday morning and I ran around town performing several errands for my ninety-year-old mother then delivered these items to and visited with her for a few minutes and until I could see she needed a nap.

The part of Seth Speaks that I am reading is chapter 4 (I think) and I am just embarking on chapter 5. In chapter 4, Seth gives a very basic overview of an aspect of physics and how it functions with relationship to attracting or really converting energy into matter. Yes, reading this, enjoying the unhealthiest food I have eaten in months, and experience the happy ambience created by lunchtime diners gave me a positive boost of joy.

As I write about this I am trying to analyze if the energy produced by Friday's luncheon caused me to sleep well last night, wake up way earlier than I have been doing for the past few weeks, and want to get out of bed and start on my day. I was showered, dressed, and in the kitchen feeding the cats and dog two minutes before my alarm clock usually beeps. After my initial chores, I was even relaxed enough to be able to meditate effectively and without too much mind chatter. It would be wonderful to know what changed, literally over night, so that I can repeat it.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment