Monday, March 28, 2011

LIFE Correction

In my last post, I mentioned a story from Joan Borysenko. I wanted to correct the source -- not a ha-ha joke. When I mention source, I don't mean Source. The story I was trying to remember is from an audio tape of a discussion between Joan and her husband, and I think her husband tells the story about the building of the canoe by some First Nations people on Vancouver Island. Anyway and because I am too lazy to go and paw through all my cds of Hay House Radio archives to find it, I cannot say what the title of the audio cd is, but Joan Borysenko hosted a Hay House Radio show and she was answering the question of a listener. This listener lived in Eastern U.S.A., possibly Boston or New Jersey, and was trying to open a day care centre in her home's basement. The inspectors that looked at the home found a string of problems that needed to be fixed before the day care centre could be licensed. The listener called Joan Borysenko to ask her if she thought that Universe was indicating that opening a day care centre was a wrong choice for her and not on her path. Then Joan, or her husband, told the story about the building of the canoe. In either case, doors were never closed; but details to accomplishing each project were numerous and often surprising or unplanned.

My son and his paramour are now home from his Nana's, with Nana's car. He stopped in here quickly before going up to the studio where they live. Apparently, his paramour doesn't feel like talking to anybody right now and needs his support. So I infer from that that they didn't get the money she wants from Nana.

I have known people that are so keen to do what they desire, and I have myself been willing to go to great lengths, that they would have bought a car and tent for which son and paramour have enough money, and gone up there and camped until something appropriate could be found. Yes, it is still cold with the likelihood of snow, but there are people that I know that are capable of being so keen and driven that they are willing to deal with discomfort to achieve their heart's desire. I have slept on blow-up beds on the floor for two years so while my family lived in Hawai'i, and I was so thrilled to be moving into this little home near Duncan that I gladly slept on a blow-up bed, again, for over a month and used lawn chairs for sitting on. Paramour likes her comfort and is not amenable to living like this and being a little uncomfortable for the sake of economizing. I am fifty-six years old and she has just turned twenty-six. What a difference there is in our attitudes and the way our generations think.

No comments:

Post a Comment