Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Something is in Motion

I don't know if it is listening to the Abraham-Hicks seminars, or the fact the days are getting longer, or if there is some astrological forces at play (I am not yet certain about astrology, but a dear friend, now deceased, tried to disprove astrology and the harder he tried the more he came to believe that there was something to it and he became very good at using it to explain personality traits in people, and he even wrote a book which was published, then he promptly died at a fairly young age as if this book were the culmination of his life's work), but I am feeling quite optimistic. I have this sense that I am turgid with energy and it is preparing to burst forth. I suppose it is Spring and has been so for a month and this could simply be Spring fever. Note: I adopted the pagan seasons when I was in my early twenties as I prefer to have my longest day of the year in the middle of summer and not at the beginning of it as is the case for most North Americans. As it is Spring, it is quite reasonable that I might be in sync with nature and preparing to break into bud or something equally energetic.

I continue to contemplate the idea that one's emotions indicate how in alignment with source one is. I don't think that being in alignment as Abraham-Hicks describes it is the complete picture with regards to being spiritually awake. I still think that the experience I had a few years ago, when something that I identify most with, my personality maybe, fell away and left me in a strange state of awareness, is self-realization or the awakened state. That person that I became during that brief experience could not have used any form of thinking to change her state of being. She could not have thought herself into a state of joy or depression. She was at peace. She was what she was and that was that.

Something that Jerry Hicks said has caused me to want to dust off my old paperback copy of Seth Speaks and peruse it so I am turning in shortly and will read in bed. The Universe has been benevolent and I feel deep gratitude and the fun of reading in bed feels appropriate: my middle child who is my oldest son received a job offer this afternoon. It is very part-time, but I see it as a sign of hope for him. Actually, when he and his paramour came over from my little cottage where they live, to spend the afternoon in my home, I had been listening to Hicks while I cooked dinner and had very daringly left it playing after they arrived, offering to turn it off if they found it offensive. I don't know what my son thinks to it, but his paramour liked it so much that she wants to borrow it, and even said that a couple of ideas had helped her see some things in her life differently and in a positive light. Anyway, it was during the listening to Abraham that the offer came in. I remember when my sister bought her copy of Ask and it is Given, she carried it everywhere. She explained that doing this was said to bring one extraordinary good luck. I wonder!

I never push my beliefs and thinking on my children, mother, sister, and other family members, but am always willing to answer questions and share when asked. In fact, except for this blog, my spiritual life is something of a secret except when I encounter something unusual and want some feedback on what I have experienced. Even then, I keep most everything to myself unless outer circumstances seem to warrant a confession. For example, if people are discussing death, I will mostly listen, but there have been a few occasions when I felt inspired to put the record straight and explain that disembodiment (post physical death) is a state of serene peace and highly desirable. As a consequence of not being pushy about my studies, I have directed my son's paramour to the location of the Hicks material, books and audios, and invited her to help herself.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment