Saturday, March 19, 2011

That Energy-Thing

After posting to this blog, last night, I continued to mull over the thoughts and feelings I was experiencing that were associated with the prospect of my middle child and his paramour moving to Chetwynd. As I mentioned, I was experiencing some very unsettling energy in the gut area and really wanted to be rid of it so that I could feel as happy and relieved as they are. Interestingly, somewhere around 2200h, the energy that was roiling in my body's mid-centre calmed down and I felt ninety percent better. And it has continued like this ever since. I have been left in a state of curiosity as to why or how this energy suddenly settled down. Usually, I have to go to sleep for the night before I can calm down. If I could figure out how to turn off those uncomfortable feelings whenever I choose, I would cherish the ability.

I still don't know how these two adults are logistically going to pull off this move. I figure they will need about $5000 immediately that will cover the rent deposit and rent for a one bedroom which will cost them $650 per month and that is the cheapest digs they are going to find that is suitable as they won't want to live in a dive, and a used vehicle: they don't have one at present. Their credit with the banks is poor, as mentioned there is a huge student loan, and her parents don't have much in the way of money to help them out, and I have done all I can do in the financial department. And they don't have any furniture. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the universe comes through for them with the financial details.

On the other hand, they have both landed jobs here in Duncan, the paramour has found a doctor who is helping her with her depression, my son has joined a local volunteer branch of Search and Rescue, and they can live in a free-standing small furnished dwelling for next to nothing. I can see that the promise of a salary of $53,000 Can would tempt anybody. I also know that it comes with a higher tax rate and they will lose quite a bit to that. So although the Duncan jobs won't pay them any where near that amount, they may find that this higher taxable income will leave them with only slightly more spending money than they will be getting working at lower paid jobs in Duncan. It will be an interesting lesson for all of us, and I will be monitoring how the Universe helps them.

If I were them, I would sit tight, save a bit, buy a vehicle, then look to move. But I am a very down-to-earth practical sort of person which is why I had such a difficult time when money was dwindling as I sometimes find it challenging to be optimistic and hopeful when nothing seems to be working. It has become beneficial to me, psychologically, to let go of my attachment to this body and to feel happy knowing that if life becomes more than I can handle and is hopeless, I can simply stop the warfarin and check out. People who are less practical and down-to-earth than I am tend to be more cheerful and hopeful than me, most of the time. I wish I had the trust in the Universe and Self that would allow me to move through life with ease and joy.

What I know is that when nothing is working, one must change something which is very difficult to do if one doesn't have a clue what has to be changed and one is of the belief that one is right where the Universe wants one to be. Life is beginning to work for these two adults and they must learn through their own experiences and who knows: maybe the move to Chetwynd is the right choice for them.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment