Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Apologies to Firefox -- THE CHALLENGER

Of course it was there all along, the horse-thing. I just had to look at that bar across the top of the window and click on the bit that read "Colette Baron-Reid" which in my frustration at having thought that I had lost the information, I was unable to see. I no longer need fresh windows to open in Firefox: I had a momentary forgetting that this is how the technology works nowadays. So here is what was printed on that daily wisdom card:

"The Challenger (Reversed)
     The Horse King wants to know why you think you can do everything yourself. Keeping control of everything around you is counterproductive and exhausting. You may lose an important opportunity if you insist on being stubborn. The Horse King is patient, however, and will wait for you to come to your senses and accept the help you need. You won't be be able to reach your goal otherwise.
     Yet the Horse King says that all it takes is the decision to jump on his back, ask for help, and graciously allow yourself to be carried to your destination. Let go of your control and amazing things can happen to you."

Yes, there is something metaphysical about turning to psychics and cards and runes for help. However, I believe that humans are meant to help one another and if somebody has more expertise than I and if I can believe that they aren't a charlatan or fraud -- it's tricky for me to find trust in a psychic -- what's the difference in asking an experienced psychic to intuit for one or an experienced builder to repair the foundations of one's home? I may have intuited that I needed to check out those cards as this one that came up for me is encouraging me to allow the Universe to take charge of my life. Yes, it is another excellent reminder and I believe that the Universe wanted me to have it from yet another source. This is not the same as expecting a piece of quartz or incense to fix me or lift me into a state of euphoria. But I suppose there is a metaphysical flavour to it.

Namaste




     

No comments:

Post a Comment