Saturday, April 16, 2011

CURVE BALLS

I find it interesting that my focus has switched from plans and planning to being flexible and grabbing at opportunities and taking direction as it comes my way. Yesterday and today, I was summoned on short notice, by my mother: yesterday it was because she had fallen and wanted me to go and help her get up, and today was because she thought it was Sunday so had stripped the sheets off her bed and wanted me to go and make it up with fresh sheets. Both times she telephoned, I felt no reaction. I didn't feel flustered or inconvenienced or anxious or annoyed. I simply changed the course I was presently on. Yesterday when she called, I was drinking tea and thinking that it would be nice to do some knitting; and today I had just come in from a morning of unusual shopping -- unusual because I had to buy items from specialty stores that aren't on my usual route in Duncan, so I have to go out of my way a little which costs me in minutes and hours so put off those purchases until I cannot put them off any longer -- and was about to make myself some lunch when she summoned me again. Before responding to the call out, I did eat an apple and some cheese as my body, despite having had granola, yogurt, and fruit in the morning was asking for nurishment. And then off we went, back into town, this time to do for my mother what I should be doing tomorrow.

Despite having had a hectic busy active morning, I was also surprised at how fresh and energetic my body was feeling and it didn't drag or slow down, but was quite happy to give Sadie a second walk so that her bladder was good and empty for the visit with my mum, and then do my mother's house work.
Adyashanti talks about an increase in energy as being part of the awakening process. I have certainly had long periods of sleepless restless nights and oftentimes, I can spend ten hours in bed and only get three to five hours of sleep. I usually wake up knowing I have slept well, but rarely excited enough about life that I want to leap out of bed and tackle the day. I often lie there for quite a bit, listening to spiritual tapes, and sometimes even doing a bit of meditating which really involves contemplating what I really am and trying to experience that aspect of my Self. Anyway and my point is that I am wondering if today was a sign of an increase in energy level in my future life. I have always had low energy and sometimes my body has felt exhausted for long periods of time; in other words, day after day after day, into weeks, into months, until I can't remember what it is like to work with a body that feels vital.

I also am noting with interest how seemlessly I seem to shift into what Source is calling me to do. It wasn't very long ago that had I had a call from my mother asking me to come and make her bed, I would have felt quite shirty about having to put off doing something I had planned to do, even was looking forward to doing, and quite inconvenienced.

I really am planning less and less and without a plan, there is nothing to shatter and, therefore, one cannot become disappointed. Come to think of it, many times of late I have started to plan an activity only to tell my Self that we will see what happens when the time comes. Although not planning would appear to give one an excuse to never do anything, I am finding that to not be the case. I have learned to act upon something when I feel prompted. The other day, I came home from walking Sadie and I don't know how or why, but without much thought, I pulled out the lawn mower and cut the grass. It was timely too as it rained shortly after I finished the mowing and continued to rain for the next forty-eight hours. I am finding that a lot of tasks are being dealt with in the same manner. I suddenly find my Self launched at the job and then it is done and out of the way. There is no brooding or worrying about the prospect of a task which is what can happen when there is a plan. And now I am thinking, "The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft agley." So in some ways, one can't win well with plans.

I understand that from the human perspective, it is sometimes necessary to make plans. For example, I booked my Yaris in for its six-month maintenance visit so on a particular Thursday, I plan to show up at the dealer with my car. However, making that booking also just sort of happened. I had it in mind to do it and the reminder sat on the kitchen island for a few days and one afternoon, it just happened and suddenly I had an appointment. No fuss or bother. Easy as pie.

So I continue to muse why it is that I have become so relaxed when life throws curve balls at me. If I were suddenly diagnosed with cancer or given a tremendous challenge to tackle, I might feel nonplussed. But the little things really are become little things.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment