Friday, January 07, 2011

Joel Goldsmith on Grace

In this morning's reading of Beyond Words and Thoughts, Joel Goldsmith developed the subject of Grace. I quote:

     "Again I must remind you that turning within can only be for Grace because the moment we think of forms of architecture, amounts of money, or plots for plays, we have lost It. The kingdom of God has none of those things. The only thing that the kingdom of God has is Grace, and as we turn within for Grace, that Grace will appear as the form necessary to our experience."

As I am still contemplating Grace and what it is all about, I found this paragraph to be particularly helpful, although it resembles the information that came to me as I was contemplating It, the other day. Particulary poignant is the final clause of the last sentence: "that Grace will appear as the form necessary to our experience." This fits so well with the information that Grace is a blessing or something that pleases the soul. As the soul is designed to evolve and I think that anything that helps it do this is a blessing and pleases it.

Two paragraphs later, Goldsmith writes:

     "We cannot go to God for forms: we cannot ask God to design a house for us, to heal a disease, or to sell our apple pies. We go to God for Grace. This is the substance. If a person is an architect, Grace will appear as the new forms he needs; if he is an artist or a designer, Grace will appear as the skill and the designs; if he is a metaphysician, Grace will appear as healing. Whatever any one of us may need, Grace appears as that form. Bur for us to go to God to learn how to make apple pies would be a failure because it is not God who knows anything about apple pies or how to make them: it is God's Grace that reveals to us how to make apple pies if that happens to be our need.
     When you turn within, turn within for Grace. It makes no differnece whether you need health, wealth, or ideas, you go to God only for Grace, and that Grace appears outwardly as the form necessary to your experience."

This information, what Grace is about, is helpful to me. At least I now know what I am asking God for or what it might look like when it shows up in my life so that I can express gratitude for it. On the other hand, I have read and learned much so don't ask God for anything anymore, but trust that God knows what I need and will provide it. This can be challenging, trusting God to take care of everything, but I try very had to adopt the attitude of allowing God/Universe to know what I need and to take care of it.

Namaste





After writing in a blog about my experience with working with small children, I continued to ponder how I had felt during those many mornings when I was bored, coupled with filled with something that can only be described as joy. Although I was working with memory, and enlightened people tell us that memory is over and done with and not real, I found this pondering very useful as it seemed to help me differentiate what might be of the soul from that which was of the ego or false self. If I am to destroy this false self, it is going to help me to know what it is I am destroying so that I don't waist time trying to squash the wrong thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment